Closed Session Summary Posted After the Meeting
The following committee members were present at the closed sessions of the meeting:
Alicia Carriquiry (Chair)
F. Jay Breidt
Peter Yellowlees (via phone)
The following topics were discussed in the closed sessions:
1. Update about the survey being conducted under the committee's direction.
2. Update about the site visits being conducted under the committee's direction.
3. Discussion on the literature on substance use disorders.
4. Discussion on the literature on VA mental health workforce issues.
5. Discussion on the Independent Assessment of the Health Care Delivery Systems and Management Processes of the VA.
6. Discussion on the draft report.
The following materials (written documents) were made available to the committee in the closed sessions:
1. Meeting agenda
2. Committee roster
3. Statement of task
4. Sec. 726 of the FY 2013 NDAA (mandates the study)
5. Project schedule
6. Survey update
7. Site visit reports for IOM for VISNs 6, 11, 12, 15, 16, 17
8. Site visit reports for VA for VISNs 1, 2, 10, 19, 20
9. Committee observations from site visits
10. VA/DOD Clinical Practice Guideline for Management of Substance Use Disorder Toolkit Training
11. The report, the Independent Assessment of the Health Care Delivery Systems and Management Processes of the VA
12. Report brief for Transforming Health Care Scheduling and Access: Getting to Now, IOM 2015
13. Girior and Wilensky. 2015. Reforming the Veterans Health Administration--Beyond Palliation of Symptoms. NEJM. 373 (18): 1693-1695.
14. Kizer and Jha. 2014. Restoring Trust in VA Health Care. NEJM.
15. The committee's report outline
16. The committee's draft report
Date of posting of Closed Session Summary:
December 3, 2015